Monday 13 May 2013

Beauty breaking point: why I’m reaching for cream bronzer this season


This post goes out to all the ladies out there who have spent a pretty penny on bronzing powder only to have it shatter into unsalvageable pieces in their purses or suitcases. With summer on the horizon, and with it (hopefully) many weekend jaunts –- I decided there was no time like the present to try a cream bronzer. Being fair skinned, I worried a cream would be too pigmented and would make me look greasy rather than Gwyneth Paltrow lit from within –- the ultimate goal.

Well, a quick consult with a Nars makeup artist was all it took to settle my doubts. A cult favorite, the brand’s multi-purpose stick for eyes, cheeks, lips and body known as The Multiple ($39) comes in a plethora of shades, including St. Barts, i.e., my new summer bronzer. Pale-friendly, with only a faint shimmer, fears of looking too dark and shiny were tossed out the window.

Little did I know, since cream bronzer’s applied with your fingers, you actually have more control over the intensity. Simply dab a bit where the sun naturally hits like the top of the forehead, chin, the cheeks, a little down the bridge of your nose and even on the brow bone, and blend down. While my summer travels won’t be nearly as glamorous as her Lady of Goop’s, at least I’ll arrive at my destination with my bronzer intact and ready to glow.

Nars' multiple in St. Barts is perfect for fair-skinned gals





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging isn't nearly as much fun if I don't hear from YOU, so tell me what YOU think.